generalist visual fx
My results of programming procedural models using strange attractor equations to generate curves. Written in mel, rib and python to customize the Maya interface. final render
reference
look development (click for gif) lighting (click for gif) view the code problems  Some of my biggest issues were simple function logistics, most of which I solved by finding other example code (link on the code page above). Rendering efficiently was also a challenge, the first half of my video is lacking denoise since I split up the jobs. final thoughts Learning this RfM customization method was fascinating and I have a lot more to learn. I think the full potential has not been reached yet with what I have made here. It was a blast and I enjoyed creating the bathysphere scene to house the attractors, although if I were to do it over I may have sought out a clearer end goal. But lacking that clear end goal allowed me to enjoy the experimentation.
© 2018
generalist visual fx
My results of programming procedural models using strange attractor equations to generate curves. Written in mel, rib and python to customize the Maya interface. final render
reference
look development (click for gif) lighting (click for gif) problems  Some of my biggest issues were simple function logistics, most of which I solved by finding other example code (link on the code page above). Rendering efficiently was also a challenge, the first half of my video is lacking denoise since I split up the jobs. final thoughts Learning this RfM customization method was fascinating and I have a lot more to learn. I think the full potential has not been reached yet with what I have made here. It was a blast and I enjoyed creating the bathysphere scene to house the attractors, although if I were to do it over I may have sought out a clearer end goal. But lacking that clear end goal allowed me to enjoy the experimentation.
© 2018
generalist visual fx
My results of programming procedural models using strange attractor equations to generate curves. Written in mel, rib and python to customize the Maya interface. final render
reference
look development (click for gif) lighting (click for gif) problems  Some of my biggest issues were simple function logistics, most of which I solved by finding other example code (link on the code page above). Rendering efficiently was also a challenge, the first half of my video is lacking denoise since I split up the jobs. final thoughts Learning this RfM customization method was fascinating and I have a lot more to learn. I think the full potential has not been reached yet with what I have made here. It was a blast and I enjoyed creating the bathysphere scene to house the attractors, although if I were to do it over I may have sought out a clearer end goal. But lacking that clear end goal allowed me to enjoy the experimentation.